Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Grow Follicles Grow

In a few days my ovaries should look like it is trying to pop jiffy pop popcorn.  Today started the stimulation phase of the IVF process, which technically is the first day of "official" treatment.  I have been on medication to suppress my ovaries into a menopause like state but today I added two more injections for a total of 3.  Two injections in the morning along with a steroid oral medication and then another injection in the evening.  The stimulation injections start a process that will produce several follicles in each ovary (usually only one is produced a month).  I believe the goal is to have 12-15 good follicles grow in a 7-10 day time frame.  I go back for blood work and another ultrasound on Monday the 30th. 

I try very hard to add some wit and humor into the posts, but today I am very hormonal, want to cry for no reason, tired, and could snap at any moment I have nothing exciting.. Just wanted to update the newest happenings.. Love to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment