Monday, November 30, 2009

Manic Monday

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!  As for us, we just lounged around the house, put up the Christmas Tree(s), ate, shopped, and thought of all of you! 

Today started with a drive to Tulsa for ultrasound and blood work.  I have been on stimulation medications now for 6 days.  The ultrasound was very interesting... It showed several follicles on each ovary.  I know that the right ovary has about 14 alone.. (Usually there is only 1 follicle per month) The doctor did not share the number for the left, but I am guessing it is probably around the same.  This is GREAT news along with my blood results that are right in line where they need to be.  One thing I do not understand and being in the medical field myself, is the lack of the "personal" touch.  It is very sad the way some clinics just herd you in and out and do not take time for questions, or details.  I hope we offer a different type of service for our patients.

Anyways,  my next appointment is Wednesday at 8:45 in Tulsa and I am very thankful that Eric will be able to ride with me!!  I should be close to egg retrieval by this weekend and by my calculations it should take place either Sat, Sun or Monday just depending on the next Ultrasound.

We are getting very very excited!!  Always keeping a realistic mind, but  this whole process is very amazing other than gaining 10 lbs, shooting myself full of hormones, and not fitting in my size 8 pants that I fought so hard to get into regardless of the outcome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment